For as long as I can remember, I have found comfort in mantras. Lines that I could repeat to still my mind, excite my heart, and fuel my soul have marked chapters of my life. So when I left home and the life that I had curated and crafted, I depended quotes and mantras to help carry me across the threshold. So maybe these ones will inspire or validate your dreams as much as they have for me:
On following your heart:
- Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. -Gloria Steinem
- I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, to discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. –Henry David Thoreau
- I got my own back. -Maya Angelou
- Shine on, you crazy diamond. -Pink Floyd
- Not all those who wander are lost. – J.R.R. Tolkien
- And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul. -John Muir
- Eat well. Travel often.
- Saltwater cures all wounds.
- Ah, the smell of salt and sand. There is no elixir on this blessed earth like it.
- If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel. – Anthony Bourdain
- We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
On leaving family & friends:
- If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever. -Winnie The Pooh
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. -Winnie The Pooh
- No matter where you are on this planet, we all share the same sky and sun. We all walk on the same ground. It’s all connected. You’re never far from home.
- Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there. -Christy Evans
What are some of YOUR favourite travel quotes?